#luxchat is a live chat on Twitter discussing the intersection of social media and luxury. The list of co-founders of #luxchat can be found in the image below. The live chat takes place on the third Wednesday of every month. We received overwhelming and positive responses to featuring travel industry expert, and social media pioneer Mr. Cooper in the chat, and we plan to feature more high-profile industry experts in the future…so be sure to tune in each month!
We were honored to be able to include Mr. Cooper as our Guest Tweeter this month, and the large audience following and participating in our live chat were captivated by the many insights provided by this travel industry heavyweight. A few of Mr. Cooper’s social media gems worth noting:
- I think the airlines are leading the way in social for the travel industry. Virgin comes to mind quickly #luxchat
- To me, success from social media channels will mean more engaged current Ritz-Carlton customers and reaching new ones #luxchat
- Louis Vuitton is an excellent example of a luxury brand that does it right. #luxchat
- I don’t believe in reacting to peer pressure to do things because the hotel next door are doing them. We like to do our homework #luxurychat
- Each Ritz-Carlton hotel is undergoing a digital mapping process which looks at how social will fit best for them #luxurychat
- What I like about Facebook is 70% of the users are outside of North America. As a global company, that is very important to us #luxchat
Major kudos to Mr. Cooper and his social media savvy representation @RitzCarltonPR for allowing the Twitter audience to live chat and ask questions about how a luxury brand like Ritz-Carlton is getting involved in social media. One of my favorite tweets of the evening was: “Social Media tipping point for luxury brands? If CEO of Ritz can give time & engage in a #luxurychat, there’s no excuse for other brands.” by @SpaIndex.
Check out some interesting statistics into the success of #luxchat. We hope you join us again in August!